Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Lincoln Town Car: 95 lincon town car intermittent no start

Customer Question

95 lincon town car intermittent no start no spark has new icm pcm cam and crank sensor swapped relays and all fuses good seems only to not start when parked on an incline don't know what else to try had it towed to the shop and they can't find anything as the car is now starting normaly
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
When the engine will not start can you take a look at the check engine light and see if it comes on with the key on and watch and see if it goes out while cranking the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Are you checking this when it will not start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right now it is starting but I remember when it wasn't it turned off
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Okay , if you can rechecked this for me when it will not start then we can work from there. I need you to run the enclosed test steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it, post back with the results and we can work from there.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/CKP%20lin%20Jun%2030.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will try but who knows when it won't start again
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
No problem, we can take as long as you need, post back when you can and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any other suggestions though? It tends to leave me stranded won't start if I drive for a little bit so I'm afraid to take it anywhere
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
A lack of spark with everything you have replace is very likely going to come down to either a connection concern or a possible failing PCM (computer) unfortunately to narrow it down we need to do some testing when it will not start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess it must be connection pcm was also replaced
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Or a connection from the CKP to the PCM.