Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln Mark LT: i broke my drivers side mirror and haven't

Customer Question

i broke my drivers side mirror and haven't replaced yet. Now my left rear brake light and blinker don't work, are those related, does the wiring go from one to the other? I replaced the brakelight bulb, but still doesn't work.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lincoln Mark LT. Trying to avoid $1,000+ cost at Lincoln dealership if it's maybe just a fuse or something simple.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.
Hello!The wiring to the left mirror is the same circuit for the mirror. All you have to do is unplug the mirror assembly wiring inside of the door then replace the fuses that blew in the interior fuse panel also know in your owners manual as the central junction box. It should be fuse number 2 or 13.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant to say the rear turn signals and the front ones are on the same wire as the mirror so if you isolate the mirror and replace the blown fuse, you will have lamps again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know where to find the fuses and replace. But if I understand, I have to unplug the mirror assembly first or it will blow again .... Where in the drivers side door would I access that?
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that's correct, you have to remove the door panel to get to the electrical connector for the mirror assembly. Without unplugging it the fuse will continue to blow.
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.
Here's a picture of how the door panel is removed: