Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln ls v8: I have a Lincoln ls v8 that run hot the other

Customer Question

I have a Lincoln ls v8 that run hot the other night and blew off radiator hose fixed hose and now hyd fan oil in tank is milkly and boiling over and coming out of cap and there is a clicking noise down around the right front of the motor on the passenger side
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Normally milky fan oil is a sign of air in the oil from a faulty hydraulic fan pump motor. This would also result in the fan not running and the car overheating. Can you follow the steps below for testing the pump pressure and flow? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/01lspup.pdf You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the fluid from for the fan pump run through a cooler in the radiator which would cause it to be milky if thre radiator is bad also and there is A clicking sound coming from the right front lower side of the motor and the fan is working just running at a low speed it run hot the other night and blew a radiator hose off .do you have to replace the whole assembly if it is bad.and can you give me the steps on how to do it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my last question
The diagrams are not clear enough to show if there is a cooler for the hydraulic fan and its been probably 5 years since I had to work on this system. Can you follow the lines and tell?
The clicking noise, there are to many things that can click, can you get your hand on the part doing this and tell me what it is, so I can see why its clicking? The fan pump and fan motor can be replaced separate, which steps would you like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The system has its own stand alone cooler not in the radiator. The clicking noise is coming from the fan pump And only when the Ac is running and the fan speeds up and that is when the fluid starts purkulatin and coming out of cap.with Ac off fluid is stainary and still.the temperature gauge does not go past half way with Ac on or off.there doesn't seem to be any pressure on the radiator hoses either and heater is not heating up a lot either.i am thinking about going the electric fan route and just leaving the pump in place.what do you think.
Since the noise is coming from the pump then its not electrical. That is a sign of internal pump damage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not answer my entire question
Would you prefer to work with someone else? I do not see us making any head way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your opinion on a electric fan once again
Opting out now, best of luck.