Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician
Experience:  Lincoln Senior Master
9600325

Lincoln Continental: Joe...messing with my daughter's radio

Customer Question

Joe...messing with my daughter's radio in a 1996 lincoln continental. Got a small spark...didn't think twice about it. But she drove it and in 45 minutes got a charging system problem message and dead battery. Figured alternator fusible link was damaged. Got it to a service station....she says they want to replace the alternator. I feel like it is likely the fusible link....but not sure where it is in a 96 lincoln continental. The shop told her there wasn't a fuse for the alternator....but I'm pretty sure there is a fuse or fusible link. Where can I find it in that model car?? Is it in the fuse box or an inline fuse? If inline...what size fuse is it??
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** and thanks for your question.
The alternator has 2 fuses, both in the underhood fusebox. One is the 175 amp mega fuse. If that was blown the vehicle would be completely dead, it feeds every circuit in the vehicle. The other fuse is #21 (10 amp) in the underhood fuse box, it feeds the alternator on the regulator side,(yellow/white wire).
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service as you see fit. Rating does not close the question if you have follow up questions. Thanks!