Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have an 08 Lincoln town car the driver side seat (air heat

Customer Question

I have an 08 Lincoln town car the driver side seat (air heat memory not limo) I put the seat in the recline position and it will not come back up. we took the seat apart and used a drill to put the seat up to good position. put the seat back in and it slowly went back to the reclined position even though we took the motor out. does it need the motor to stay in the right position?
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The seat moves back and fouth up and down fine its just the reclining that has stopped working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello is anybody out there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello anybody out there ?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The motor will need to be in place to stop the seat from moving. I have also enclosed the test steps in the link below to help you determine why the seat is not moving on its own. Copy and past the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Seat%20recline%20Jun%2022.pdf