Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Signature: Kenny I have a 1998 Lincoln Town Car. The air

Customer Question

Kenny I have a 1998 Lincoln Town Car. The air conditioning is intermittent. When car is cold or it is cold outside it works fine. When hot outside and car is cold air works for a while. Once car heats up or it is already hot the air does not work. Is this a clutch gap problem that I have read about or a blend door or something else. One dealer replaced blower motor but that did not fix problem. Another Dealer said they could not find problem. Freon has been checked.  Gary

Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Yes this can be an excessive clutch air gap issue. You would check that by. When the compressor should be running, use a broom handle to bump the clutch face and try to get it to engage. When the AC is not perform ing or performing well can you see if the evaporator lines at the firewall are freezing cold and wet or if there warm or hot? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris