HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

I have electrical problem on my 2001 lincoln ls brake lights

Customer Question

I have electrical problem on my 2001 lincoln ls brake lights stay on at even without key were do i start to finr the problem
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.
Hello, its most likely the brake pedal position/stop lamp switch stuck on. Look at the brake pedal linkage, above the pedal should be the main stop light swtich. Unplug the switch and see if the stop lamps turn off, if they do, remove the switch and check it for sticking and replace as needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think i have a short somewere when turn on lights they go off and just one tail light comes on when i turn on headlights only one comes on when i press brake no brake lights were do i start to find the short?
Expert:  HDGene replied 1 year ago.
I would start by removing both tail lamps and inspecting the bulbs and sockets, if the bulbs have a dark look to them, replace them and recheck,Also remove the bulbs from the sockets and check for corrosion in the sockets if any and replace the sockets if needed