Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician
Experience:  Lincoln Senior Master
9600325

Lincoln Navigator Luxury: lincoln nav 2006. Problem started

Customer Question

lincoln nav 2006. Problem started about 5 months ago on occasion when started, it would crank and be started but would just act like it was not getting fuel an would the eng would stop. will start right up the next time and go for days. It finally tripped the ch eng light about 4 weeks ago and said was fuel pump. Had it replaced and with in the next week did it again. light finally cam on and they replaced another part driver module. again with in a week it did it more and then stalled while I was driving no warning no shaking just silently was not getting gas it seamed. Took it back and the code showed fuel rail sensor. Had that replaced last week and is now doing again and is stalling while driving more. About to loose my mind! What next? The pressure is ok when they check it at the shop. I see a recall for a week hose would that have been replaced with all these other parts? any insight?
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not understand that the tech was not a live chat session. I do not wish to purchase this service. I have documented my request and attempted to remove my information.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** and thanks for your question.
Sounds like the fuel pump relay is failing. It is integrated into the central junction box (interior fuse box). Very common issue with these vehicle and symptoms you are describing. Can be very intermittent.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been diag at another shop and are saying the after market fuel pump that was installed is getting hot and causing it to shut down. They will be replacing with a Lincoln fuel pump.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK, let me know how it turns out. If it still does it I would strongly suspect the central junction box.Its kind of unlikely that the original pump and the aftermarket pump would have the same issue. Just FYI I have never seen a Ford pump cause an engine to stop running. They always fail after sitting and attempting to start.