Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln mark vlll: I have a 94 mark vlll that pulls to the

Customer Question

I have a 94 mark vlll that pulls to the right when brakes are applied, the faster the greater the pull. I have replaced the calipers, rotors, pads and the brake lines. After about 500 miles on the first set of pads the rotors were ruined, I didn't have this problem before I had the prior brakes were installed. Could this be a speed sensor problem on the right wheel or a presure problem in the ABS system? I give up.....
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
You have 2 identical questions open.
I answered the other saying it is most likely a bad caliper. You never said anything about replacing it though.
Which pads were ruined after that 500 miles? The right or left and inner or outer or all of them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I stated earlier I have replaced the calipers, rotors,pads and brake lines.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, I read that.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Does it also pull to the left when accelerating suddenly from a stop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right side outer rotor had three groves that circled the entire rotor. It does not pull when starting from stop. The only time it pulls is when braking. The problem started when I had the brakes replaced because they were ready,before that I had no problems. It started pulling when I had the new brake job. So, I replaced the complete brake system, high performance calipers,slotted rotors,pads and brake lines. It still pulls, could the problem be in the speed sensor or the ABS system or the suspension?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
I don't have phone call setup.
No, I don't believe it has anything to do with the suspension since it don't pull the opposite way when accelerating.
Who installed all these new brake parts?
I don't believe it has anything to do with the abs either.
Do you have the receipt or can you tell me the brand name and part numbers of all the parts and also where you bought them?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
How are the lug nuts being tightened?