sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Lincoln towncar: my 1988 lincoln town car made noise while

Customer Question

my 1988 lincoln town car made noise while driving then cut will not start up again no power no lights,horn nothing,no power weht you yurn the key. change the steinod still nothing the battery is good belts are good. don't no what else do do.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the vehicle is electrically dead then the problem is either with the battery, it's connections, or there is a positive or negative cable/connection issue.
If the battery has been load tested and passed then the issue is going to be a connection at the battery, an internal issue in one of the positive or negative cables, a ground or positive cable or connection issue.
Make sure all fuses are good if you haven't already.
If fuses are ok then electrical testing will need to be done to see exactly what is going on. One easy thing you can do is turn the headlamps on and wiggle test the battery connections, ground cable and ground connections. If you get the lights to flicker by moving a certain area then you've found a connection issue.