A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Lincoln Navigator: I have A 2008 Navigator. The AC is not blowing

Customer Question

I have A 2008 Navigator. The AC is not blowing out of the drivers side vents but all other vents are working. also smell an electrical burning smell.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now neither front vents are blowing air. the rear still works. and the smell is leaving.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Is the air blowing out the defroster vents on top of the dash or out the floor ducts under the dash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither. The fan seems to not be blowing at all in the front. I have tried running the fan speed up and down. nothing. The rear seems to be running fine.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
The blower fan is located under the dash on the passenger side below the glove box. You will need to check for power and ground to the blower motor when the AC is on. You should have power on the YELLOW?GREEN striped wire and ground on the YELLOW/BLUE striped wire. If you have power and ground, replace the blower motor. If you have power but no ground, you will have to replace the Blower Speed Controller which is mounted right next to the blower motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power, no ground. Will be getting blower Speed Controller and replacing it. I will let you know then. Would that have been what caused the burning electrical smell?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Please keep me informed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
old speed controller was the cause of the smell. New part will be here friday at the earliest.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update. Please let me know if you need any more help with this problem.