Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln ls: I believe my son sprayed windex all over my steering

Customer Question

I believe my son sprayed windex all over my steering wheel and caused a short circuit somehow. The horn stays on constantly. I pulled out the horn relay. Overnight the battery is dead. No power at all. Any suggestions?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I charged the battery and the car started right up. Had to pull the horn relay to keep the horn from blowing constantly. But it died again. Seems that I have a constant draw on the battery now.
Hi
Even if he shorted out the horn switch, the relay removed to stop the horn should of also stopped the draw. I feel like there is more going on, possibly a faulty front electronics module to blame here. Can you do the draw test in the file below to see which fuse stops the draw?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/02LSdraw.pdf
Start with these fuses in the draw test.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/02lsfuses.png
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris