Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln: Sean I got a 2005 Lincoln Continental that was given

Customer Question

Sean I got a 2005 Lincoln Continental that was given to me but the ignition was attempted to be repaired and the guy lock the steering wheel so in order to get the car towed I need to figure out a way to get the steering column unlocked so I can turn the wheels straight
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I can tow it
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Will the key go in and turn, is there even a lock cylinder tumbler in the steering column?
You should be able to use a screwdriver or another ignition lock cylinder and key to turn the ignition and release the steering lock, if not possible then your options are to disassemble the steering column to remove the lock or separate the steering shaft above the pedals.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris