roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Experience:  35 years of retail operations on all vehicles
3506196

Lincoln Aviator: 2003 Lincoln Aviator cuts out under a load.

Customer Question

2003 Lincoln Aviator cuts out under a load. Doesn't matter what the speed is. Had the P0104 code so I changed the EGR-DPFE a week ago. Ran good for a few days and started cutting out again but no check engine light this time. Any ideas? Coils?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
I am sure you meant a 401 code, not 104. the 401 is for the dpfe but it has nothing to do with the cutting out.
if it was coils, there would be a code stored for this.
I would check the fuel pressure. it sounds like the pump is wek and provides enough to run at low speed but not under heavy load.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What fuel pressure should it have? 30-35 lbs?
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
interesting spec...25 to 65 lbs. big range here. if it is on the low side, I would be very concerned. I would like to see at least 45-50 lbs.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check the fuel pressure and report back to you! Also I think my air conditioner fan speed changes when I come to. Quick stop. Could it be related?
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
it may slow down due to charging voltage. I would not be concerned about it as it does pull heavy current.
Roy