roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Experience:  35 years of retail operations on all vehicles
3506196

Lincoln Continental: 199 Continental. First door ajar will

Customer Question

199 Continental. First door ajar will not go off, despite double checking all physical possibilities. Then overhead light stays on a long time at night, as well as lights up when I come to a stop. Now hood sometimes pops, and alarm has gone off several times. I now keep the battery lead disconnected. I'd like to resolve this in the most direct manner and be able to speak somewhat knowledgeably with the place I take it. Obviously electrical. Can you diagnose any further?
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
um 1999. I guess you got that. Bad proofreading on my part.
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
it sounds like one of the door switches in the latch has failed allowing the door ajar light to stay on as well as the overhead lights. a scan tool can get into the light control module to see which door is the issue, otherwise you would need to remove the door panels and disconnect each switch to see which one has failed.
as far as the hood, the latch assembly needs to be adjusted or maybe the cable is not allowing the latch to set fully.
Roy