Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Lincoln: i have a 1990 lincoln town car i put a new fuel

Customer Question

Hi i have a 1990 lincoln town car i put a new fuel filter in the fuel pump is working would it be the fuel relay switch that is stopping it from firing
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
When you say the pump is working does that mean you have good fuel pressure at the test port (32 to 45 PSI) ?
If the fuel pressure checks okay have you checked to see if you have injector pulse?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
To check for injector pulse, take a standard 12 volt test light and place the test end on the red power wire at the injector connector and place the ground end on the other wire and then crank the engine over, if you have injector pulse the light should flash while cranking. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.