A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Lincoln MKT: 2011 lincoln MKT WHEN I FILLUP THE GAS TANK AND

Customer Question

2011 lincoln MKT WHEN I FILLUP THE GAS TANK AND DRUVE IT WILL STALL ONCE OR TWICE AND WHEN I AM FILLING UP THE PUMP WILL SHUT OFF FEW TIMES I DID REPLACE EVAP SELENIOD AND THE EVAP SENCOR BY THE ENGINE AND STILL WHEN THE TANK IS FUUL IT STALS IF I DONT FILL IT TO THE TOP NOTHING HAPPENS
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Can you give me the VIN# ***** the MKT? I want to check Fords database for any SSM (Special Service Messages) or TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) for this problem. They are VIN # *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2LMHJ5FR3BBJ50317
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Did you know this vehicle has a Branded Tile?Click the link below for the Ford OASIS report on your MKT.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the car was in a accudent when i got it it have 1900 miles and run perfect and now it have 248000 miles and no pronlem but the gas stals so any solution ?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
The reason the fuel pump shuts off is because the air from the fuel tank cannot escape. It should vent out the filler neck and the canister purge solenoid. You may have a plugged vent hose or the canister may have fuel in it where it cannot vent.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did replace the canister seleniod purge and i only use lincoln part from the dealer and stil so you think is the vent hose ? And wer is the location of the vent hose
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
The vent hose runs from the top of the fuel tank to the filler neck and also the vapor canister where the canister purge valve is. Make sure the canister itself is not full of fuel. If it is, air cannot vent through it.
There is a small metal tube that runs along the filler neck to the top. That is the vent line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The canister is empty no liquid i will check the vent hose
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
You may have to lower to the fuel tank to fully inspect it.