Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 2003 lincoln navigator, first the check charging system l

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2003 lincoln navigator, first the check charging system light was on and off until one day the card went completely off and wouldnt turn back on. I replaced the alternator and that fixed the problem for a little while, then the car started stalling, went off while driving but would turn back on after a couple minutes, replaced the IAC but keeps doing it, at first it was like every 2 weeks, then every week, after we replaced the IAC worked fine for about 1 week, then it went off one day at traffic and I was able to turn it back on after about 10 min. But yesterday went off again while driving it and won't turn back on and the check charging system went on once while I was trying to turn it back on..
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if this has something to do with this issue but the A/C is not working properly, there's no cold air, and we know is not a freon problem. Can this all be due to an electric problem?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
We are only allowed to address one concern per post, so the AC issue will need to be a new question.
Currently your in a crank no start issue. I assume it will not start at full throttle either. I highly doubt its a no ignition spark or injector pulse issue thought I would check them if you know how, or I could explain that. I do recommend checking the fuel pressure and trying to get it running briefly on starting fluid. Also clean the MAF sensor. Can you let me know those results?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, I sent my question on May 12 around 1pm only because it said I could get an asnwer in minutes. I was with a mechanic and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car. I waited until 4pm with no answer (I understand now or saw at the web site later that it can take up to 24 hours) so at 4pm I sent a request to cancel my membership and the question and please refund my 5$ I ended up taking my car to the dealer at 7pm. your answer didn't come until almost midnight. Yesterday I saw the email that my question had been answered but I didn't want to open it because I requested a full refund. I did sent a second request for a refund yesterday havent heard back yet. Sorry that they didn't let you know. Please cancel this request and send a refund.
oh by the way...I was told at the dealer that I need to replace the fuel pump and fuel filter.
Thanks,
Zuly
I will send in a CS report for you.