A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

I just changed the DSM in my 2004 Lincoln Aviator and it is

Customer Question

I just changed the DSM in my 2004 Lincoln Aviator and it is not working, do I need to do something else?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Yes, the DSM (Drivers Seat Module) needs to be programed to work in the vehicle. It is a module that communicates with the other modules in the vehicle. WIthout programing, it will not work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is this something that I can do? or do I need to take it to the dealer to have it done??

Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
The best place is the dealership. They will have to put AS BUILT DATA in it per the VIN # ***** you have the new module installed.