Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Lincoln ls: My Lincoln will not go higher than 2 or 3 rpm then

Customer Question

My Lincoln will not go higher than 2 or 3 rpm then dies
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I'm assuming that you don't have any check engine lights or other fault lights on so this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.
If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi
do you still need help?