Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln: my 2000 Ls V8 is not charging the battery but

Customer Question

Hello my 2000 Ls V8 is not charging the battery but the system check says charging system ok had battery checked and its fine in fact when fully charged it will hold a charge for many days as long as I am not using a lot of electric i.e. lights, AC, radio, and wipers what should I look at next
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
We need to test the battery voltage when running with as many electrical loads on as possible. If the alternator is working correct, the battery voltage will be 13-15 volts. Can you check that. Does the battery light ever come on while running?
-
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris