Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Lincoln avaitor: If the fuel pump module is off line does it

Customer Question

If the fuel pump module is off line does it affect gear shifting ? I have a 2003 Lincoln avaitor
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P1233 indicates the PCM is not receiving the fuel level information and will have no effect on the transmission at all. One possible cause of the DTC P1233 is that the inertia switch was tripped, then reset. If the engine starts and runs and the gauge is reading correct then its a false code.