Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

2004 lincoln ls.airbag warning light is on. what are possible causes ? airbags seem ok

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, There are over one hundred possible causes for the airbag light to be turned on so reading the code out of the airbag computer with a pro level scantool is essential to diagnosis. A common problem is the clockspring connection under the steering wheel breaks disconnecting the driver's air bag from the system. Do all the steering wheel controls work correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
steering wheel controls seem to be working
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Then you will have to have a shop pull the codes in the airbag computer. That is the only way to know what the computer has flagged as a problem. I wish I could help from here but there are too many possibilities and it is a safety system that is disabled due to the fault so it needs to be repaired correctly. Please let me know if you get the code what it is and then I can help you with how it needs to be repaired. Thank you