EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

Lincoln MKZ: The oil pressure light goes on when the rpms

The oil pressure light goes on when the rpm's fall below 700 and goes off when accelerating and remains off at speed. The "check engine light has never come on which I figured it would if the engine wasn't getting enough oil. The car is a 2007 Lincoln MKZ with 56000 miles. Could it be the oil pressure sending unit?

Eric :

Hi. Yes it most certainly could be, and probably is, the oil pressure sender. I would make sure your oil level is good. Then I would recommend replacing the oil sending unit. THEN, worst case scenario that doesn't fix it, you will need to take a manual oil pressure test.