A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician

Lincoln mkx: 2007 MKX air stops cooloing runs hot gas is good

2007 MKX air stops cooloing runs hot gas is good no leaks put on new fans still the fans will not come on what next

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Who put the cooing fans on the vehicle?
Where did the cooling fans come from, Ford or an auto parts store?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I put the fans on came from parts store

Ok. Do you have a test light or digital multimeter to do a few tests?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Did the cooling fan relay module that is mounted on the drivers side of the cooling fan come with the new fans or did you transfer the old one to the new fans?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not change one so i guest the box where the wires plug in is the relay module which is mounted on the fan

Yes, but first turn the engine on and the AC on and see if you got power on the PURPLE wire at the relay module connector. If no power, check fuse #5 in the engine bay fuse box.

But if you have power on the PURPLE wire, check for power on the RED wire and check the ground on the BLACK wire. If no power on the RED wire, but power on the PURPLE, replace the cooling fan relay module for the cooling fans.

The Ford parts fans come complete with the module and fans as an assembly.

What usually fails is the module.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you buy just the relay module

Ford only sells it with the cooling fans. You can check the auto parts store, but Ford does sell it separate from the cooling fans.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does or does not sell separate

Ford parts department does not sell it separate. They only sell it with the cooling fans.