Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Lincoln Navigator: 2003 Lincoln Navigator - liftgate and rear

Customer Question

2003 Lincoln Navigator - liftgate and rear wiper not working. Replaced wiper motor. We got a used liftgate module and had programed by dealership still not working, not do the running boards work. we put the original liftgate module back in running boards work but wiper and liftgate not working. Checked all wires along driver and passenger floor boards for corrosion and short, found nothing. Can anyone recommend something.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Chris. Welcome and thanks for asking your question!

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

>

>

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I do need the help still

These are module controlled features. I would need to know what the stored troubles codes are to be able to tell you what specific tests to run and which parts are to blame. Without these codes I can not do the above but I can provide every single Ford test for these symptoms, would that help?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

B2721 Gate ajar output short to ground or open

B2699 Left pinch strip open or short to battery plus

B2700 '' ''

U1950 Vart Base protocol upb communication bus fault

Great, have you done any of the tests for these codes or is that what you need?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes , that is what they need.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes , that is what we need

Great, see the links below, all 3 power liftgate codes are the same test, the communication code is different.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/03navigatorcode2721.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/03navigatoUcode.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

We followed procedures and did testing as you explained. The liftgate nor rear wiper motor is still not responding. Original liftgate module does have work running boards. Could there be anything else that we could do?

If all the tests passed, then I am out of ideas, the only thing I can do is opt out and let another try to help, would that be okay.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

How long before someone get back to me?

I have no clue, as soon as I opt out, all can see everything here. Its there choice if they want to try and help.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It is fine for you to opt out. I just hope that someone will be able to help soon.

opting out now.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 10 months ago.

I’m Rachel, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Rachel

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I still need answer. We did everything and nothing has worked as of yet.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Rachel

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Sorry, customer took vehicle. We were unable to fix the repairs.