A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Lincoln Town Car: 2004 town car cabin temp 60 outside 100

2004 town car cabin temp 60 outside 100

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Can you better describe your concern?
Is this problem an AC concern?
Give me as much information as you can about the problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes an AC concern. Sorry I wasn't more specific. Put instant read thermeter in outflow vent to the right to where I sit. Reads between 59 and 65, on average 60 degrees. I have four vents blowing air into car. Have temp set on lowest setting which is 60. Recognize it is hot. Just wish it cooler inside car. Maybe expecting too much. This is not a new issue. Recollect this happening ea year. Seems this may be just a hot weather. Wife has a 2010 Nissan which cools great. Complains about Lincoln. Just thought I'd look into it.

The Freon refrigerant charge may be low in the system. Low Freon charge will cause the AC system to not cool properly. And when the outside temperature and humidity rise, the AC system cooling performance drops. Have the Freon level checked and make sure it is properly charged.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can this be done without evacuting the system?

Yes. there is a product called AC PRO. It has a gauge on it so you do not over charge the system. The advertise it on TV. Several auto parts stores sell it.

But the proper way is to evac and recharge the system.