Steve
Steve, Lincoln master Tech
Experience:  30 years working for Lincoln dealer. Lincoln master.
43460220

Lincoln LS: check my advance trak warning light

check my advance trak warning light

Steve :

Welcome and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Steve :

What is going on with your alight for the traction advance? The advance track works from the abs and the engine controls. Do you have any abs codes or engine codes?

Customer:

i do have an engine code of p0316

Steve :

That code is for a random misfire in the first two minutes of start up This will not cause the traction light to stay on. You need to check the abs for codes with a tester that can access the abs module.

Steve :

Ls had a lot of concerns with there coil on plugs causing missfire codes

Customer:

yes, that figures, the po316 code is vague as well, the car runs good no hesitation to speak of, is that going to be one of 15 different thing as well

Customer:

how do i know which coil is missfirng

Customer:

i tried unplging them 1 at a time but could not really tell a sig difference

Steve :

You need to what for a specific code for a cylinder or remove the cover over the coil on plugs remove the coils and see if there is water or oil on any of them. The common concern was water leaking onto the coils and or the valve cover leaking oil on the coil on plugs.

Customer:

already did they are dry and clean

Steve :

Some tester have mode 6 and they will tell you which cylinder or cylinders are missfirng before it sets a code.

Customer:

i have not pulled the plugs yet. if it is misfiring the plug will look different as well ?

Customer:

not mine

Customer:

i think we have 2 different chats going

Steve :

For the most part all the coil on plugs were a bad design back then on the LS . It would not hurt replacing all of them.

Steve :

Are you talking to another expert?

Customer:

they are both pics of you

Customer:

maybe i just have 2 windows open

Customer:

i am closing this one . ok

Steve :

I only have one open and I am talking to you on this chat. Is there a name for the other expert you may be talking to?

Customer:

it on my end . sorry

Steve :

no problem do want you want to do.

Hi lee,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Steve