GTSteve054
GTSteve054, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Senior Master Tech
64979401

2011 MKX: CAN I add naigation?

Customer Question

HI THERE, I HAVE AN 2011 MKX WITH SYNC BUT NO NAVIGATION. CAN I ADD NAIGATION?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
YOU GAVE ME NO ANSWER AT ALL!! YOU ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION BUT DID NOT TELL ME WHAT YOU WANTED TO KNOW, IS THIS A SCAM? I STILL WANT TO KNOW IF, I CAN ADD NAVIGATION TO MY 2011 LINCOLN MKX, IT HAS REAR CAMERA AND SCREEN, ALL READY
Expert:  GTSteve054 replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Sorry for the wait. The answer is no, factory navigation can't be added to the my touch set up. The modules have different internal hardware and are programmed to the vin number. Your system includes the turn by turn directions, which is used in conjunction with your phone. That service is set up at syncmyride.com. Some people love it, some don't. It does appear like you should be able to, but it can't be done. It would be cheaper to buy the same vehicle with the nav already in it, then paying to change, add, and reprogram a bunch of modules. I hope this helps. You can get a pretty good garmin, or the like, for not a whole lot of money these days. Keeping ol reliable in the console is a good idea.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IT TOOK FOREVER AND NOW YOU ARE CHARGING ME MORE FOR NO REASON. I ONLY RECIEVED ONE ANSWER TO ONE QUESTION. THE ANSWER DOES NOT MAKE SENCE

Again, I'm sorry for the wait. You do not have to hit the accept button if you feel the question was not answered correctly. Not sure what doesn't make scense. You cannot add factory navigation to the system that is in your vehicle.