Shawn
Shawn, Technician
Experience:  16 years in the Automotive Industry

2005 Lincoln LS: wiring diagram..radio harness..amp..steering wheel

Hello, do you have a wiring diagram that gives the wire colors and pin numbers for the radio harness of a 2005 Lincoln LS standard stereo, and also the wire colors/pin numbers in the driver's kick panel? I'm upgrading the stereo and having trouble determining which wires are the VSS, remote amp turn on, and steering wheel volume controls. Thanks.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way it would help to know?

-Is your LS equipped with C/D?

-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No CD.

I need the wiring diagram for the main harness in the dash for the factory radio. There are 3 wires that I don't know what they are.

Pin 19 (BLACK), Pin 18 (WHITE/BLACK), PIN 15 (GRAY/RED)

Are 2 of these the signals to the volume control buttons on the steering wheel?

Also, the VSS signal is supposed to be available at the terminal block at the Driver's Kick Panel. Please send that wiring diagram, too.

Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the reply.

Please give me a few moments to get the information for you.

And Please don't forget to click on the green ACCEPT answer button, so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.

Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The system wiring diagrams are below. (see diagrams below).

Please don't forget to click on the green ACCEPT answer button, so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for answering part of the question. I see where the steering wheel volume signals are.

You weren't able to find a diagram that included the VSS signal? (supposedly available at the Driver's Kick Panel terminal cluster). All I need now is this VSS signal to complete the radio install. The navigation function requires it for accuracy.

Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.
Yeah still working on that, only available with navigation
Expert:  Shawn replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The VSS connector is located in the rear under the package tray, (see diagrams below).

graphic

graphic

Shawn, Technician
Experience: 16 years in the Automotive Industry