Mat, FLM senior Master Technician
Experience:  11yrs at FLM dealer, Senior master tech, auto trans, driveability, air susp

Lincoln towncar: 1998 towncar water leak pass side and its

1998 towncar water leak pass side and its not coolaant pulled back carpet water clean and no sun roof. and how to repair
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Mat replied 4 years ago.
Hi I would like to help you out. This water leak on the passenger side floor is a common one on these town cars. Happened to mine. The source of the leak comes from under the passenger side cowl. With the hood open on th passenger side of the cowl you will see a drain, there should be a rubber flap there usually gets stuffed up with dirt and debris and causes water to back up. remove the flap, remove the cowl the portion has a foam seal that leaks, use silicone to replace this seal. and reinstall. This will cure the water leak. Im going to look for some pictures in a few minutes and will update this post if I find some. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i checked and drain was full. cleaned out and resealed hope this fixed saved me alot of time.thank you
Expert:  Mat replied 4 years ago.
Hey no problem, same thing happen to my 98 town car. I checked for pictures but cant find any good ones. Looks like you are all set. Thanks again, take care