Amedee
Amedee, Lincoln Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Why wont my car start? Has fuel. 95 Lincoln town car.

Why won't my car start? Has fuel. 95 Lincoln town car. I have bypassed anti theft circuit to ignition switch. Not getting signal to fuel pump relay. When ignition is turned to the on position the dashboard screen flashes 1 time with about a half second pause. The engine light doesn't come on before or after the pause. Car turns over but don't start.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still waiting
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to assist you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. I have been working on these vehicles for over 10 years so I am very familiar with this system and how they work. However, keep in mind, that I need some solid concrete facts/evidence/clues from you in order to give you a good answer about your vehicle. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with.

Do you know if the engine have spark when cranking it over?

Does the engine run on starting fluid?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not sure about spark. I do hear the ignition relay pull in.
The engine was running on gas with no issue. Fuel relay is not pulling in. Isn't there a normal dash board sequence.
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Check to be sure that the check engine light comes on with the key on and goes off when cranking. This will verify that the computer recognizes engine rpm.

If so, see if it runs on starting fluid.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When turning on the ignition switch the dash board flashes 1time and the flash last about half a second. The engine light doesn't come on.
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Hello!

If the check engine light is not on with the key on, the computer is not awake. This is going to be why your engine is not starting. Check to be sure that the TPS has 5 volts with the key on. If not, then we will need to check all powers and grounds going into the PCM with the key on. This includes all powers from all fuses, fusible links and even the ignition switch.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
TPS?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Sorry.. throttle position sensor..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If there Is power then what?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
If there is power then we check for spark when cranking the engine over. IF there is spark, we see if it runs on starting fluid.

Let me know!
Amedee, Lincoln Technician
Experience: ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
After I verify that this is the fix how do I contact you?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the accept!

Just come back to the site and either respond to this question or start a new question and put this is for AMEDEE in it and I will get it..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still not getting engine light. After checking Tps which was 5v. Where is the pcm located and what pins do I test? I am using Mitchel trouble shooting software which has good wiring diagrams I need locations.
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Hello!

If you do in fact have 5 volts to the TPS, then don't bother with the check engine light as of now. You could have a burned out bulb.

I would check for spark when cranking the engine over.

Let me know!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had jumped out a connection that is on the drivers side fender well as I saw on YouTube and the engine light flashed came on, but I was unable to start. I have jumped out the fuel relay to have it stay on and there Is pressure at the fuel rail. I know the light works.
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Excellent!

Please let me know about spark.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I test the pcm and where exactly is it located? My info says RH kick board. Where is that?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
You need a lab scope.

It is located at the LH rear of the engine compartment, on safety wall.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you send me a picture?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
NO.. I cant.. sorry. It is against copy write laws.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
LH =passenger or driver side. Is it on the firewall or fender?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Left hand is the drivers side of the vehicle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Safety wall = fire wall?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
You got it!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Each time I connect my OBD II scanner, I receive a connection error. Is that a sign that the PCM is faulty?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Yes!! It could be or it could be a bad or missing input to the PCM. Another thing would be a shorted out module or sensor shorting the PCM out.
Amedee, Lincoln Technician