Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

2000 lincoln navigator: heat and ac / climate control panel

heat and ac / climate control panel has no power for 2000 lincoln navigator
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to assist you.

Your Control panel is powered up by the #2 fuse and the #22 fuse in the interior fuse panel and if they check ok then you need to remove the controller and check to see if you have key on voltage at the white/violet wire and the red/white power wires at the connector on the controller. If you do and the controller is still blank then it has likely failed.

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
need time to check out
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 years ago.
No problem, let me kow if you need me , Im here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Before this problem came up I had removed fuse 22 because our airbags went bad and the light had come on, then the light went out off the dash and it started dinging. When I removed the fuse 22 the dinging stopped and so did the climate control (heat & ac). I have replaced the fuse and the climate control works but the dinging is still there. Need help
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 years ago.
What type of dinging are you getting?

Is the air bag light still staying on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Air bag light is off on the dash. It is similar to the dinging when your seat belt is not attached. It is continuous for a long period, then it might stop for a few then go back too dinging. It seams to be coming from the drivers door area, but I'm not sure. It is not the seat belt ding.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 years ago.
It very likely caused by a problem with the Air bag system and the next step is going to be having the air bag system scanned and the fault code or codes retrieved to determine what has failed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not want to repair the air bag system. That is very expensive and I can't afford to do that at this time. I just want to know if I can disconnect the air bag system, or is there another way to stop the dinging. The air bag has been lit up on the dash for over one year, it just went out. If it is the air bag causing the ding why didn't it happen along time ago. Maybe the ding is from something else?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 years ago.
If the light to the air bag is burned out it will cause this dinging. But there is no way to disconnect it. See if the light comes on with the key on and if it dosnt then the bulb is burned out and this will cause the ding. If so, replace the bulb.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the easiest way to replace the blub?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 years ago.
The cluster has to come out. I can send you instructions if needed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That would be great appreciate all your help.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 years ago.
Click the link below and hit download.

http://wikisend.com/download/182968/A1.pdf
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you tell me what kind of blub I need. I think it might be a good idea to get the blub before I start this project.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 5 years ago.
If memory serves me correct it should be a 197