Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lincoln Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lincoln Diagnostics
18617752

Lincoln Town Car Signature: How to replace a low beam headlight

How to replace a low beam headlight bulb on a 2007 town car
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

To access the headlamp bulbs, the headlamp assembly must be removed from the vehicle. I've wrapped up the procedure into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing.

Download the procedure HERE

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Download the procedure HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is HID
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is HID lighting
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.
HID = High Intensity Display. It's another form of lightbulb. Much brighter than a regular Halogen.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I got the assembly off and the old bulb removed, however I can't get the new bulb locked in properly with the retaining clip. could you further instruct how to or send a picture
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

The grooves on the retainer should line up with slots in the headlamp assembly:

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the diagram. The retainer and the bulb remain loose There is a appendage at the base of the bulb and a slot on the on the assembly into which the bulb goes I assume these are made to fit into each other. I am frustrated what is the steps in the assembling these components; why is the retainer remaing loose is it suppose to or is the retainer to be snug to bulb base
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.
Not exactly sure how to better explain it. There is no "procedure" for putting the bulb into the retainer. It's a simple "insert and turn". Make sure the bulb and retainer are in the correct order (as shown in the image above). Make sure the grooves and slots line up, and then turn the retainer into he lamp assembly to lock it all in place.