Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40+ years all makes and modles
5784781

98 Lincoln Town Car Signature: power steering pump..hoses..leaks

Customer Question

98 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. I changed the power steering pump and Now I have NO power steering. All hoses are fine - no leaks. I purged the air out. The power steering fluid is at the appropriate level. Why don't I have power steering? Is it a defective pump? This is the second pump that I installed. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Don Knight replied 5 years ago.

Don Knight :

It sounds like you have a problem with the EVO actuator valve.You will need to either bring your car to the dealer or find a shop that can access the power steering system for the proper diognostics to see just what part of the system is defective.It could be the module or the pressure sensor or you may also have a problem in the wiring harness.Please let me know if you need more assistance,Don

JACUSTOMER-pc7rtpxl- :

Thanks

Don Knight :

You are welcome.please let me know if I can be of more assistance,Don