A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician

1999 Lincoln Town Car: Windshield Wiper..swapped..engines..only work

I have a 1999 Lincoln Town Car with a Windshield Wiper problem. I have just recently swapped engines & my wipers only work in Hi-Mode. I cannot remember if I had this problem prior to the engine letting go 17 months ago.......long story on why it's taken so long to swap out. Anyway, I have no movement in delay or standard speed. I have already swapped out the Wiper Multi Switch on the steering column. I have not seen a wiper control module on any schematics, though that doesn't mean it does not exist, but I'm thinking it's a relay, or the wiper motor itself, though that doesn't make much sense since they work in hi-mode. The wiper fuse is a 30 amp & is intact within the fuse box in the cabin.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Your Town Car does have a wiper control module. Below is a picture of its location. It is in the lower left of the picture.

Also, since you just had the motor repaired, look at the wiper motor and make sure the connectors are fully plugged in.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I appreciate your response. It's a bit late here to check your answer. I have already verified the connection to the motor. I will check the connection on the WCM in the morning.
No problem. If you need more help, I'll be back online tomorrow at the same time.