Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Lincoln Technician
Experience:  Lincoln Senior Master
9600325

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII: theft alarm keeps going..doors..seat

Customer Question

Just bought a 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII and the theft alarm keeps going off when I open the doors. I changed the seat arrangement to the Number 2 setting and it set off the alarm. How do we get past this service and change the alarm number to one we can remember. The trunk has a number on its hinge but the car doesnt respond to that number. Need help.

Thanks
D Kim Sayre-Arnold
XXX-XXX-XXXX or email XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

The factory keyless entry code is located on the drivers door module which is mounted inside the drivers door. The door panel needs to be removed to access the module and retrieve the code. It should be on a white sticker attached to the module. The code can also be retrieved using an IDS scan tool at a Ford dealer. Retrieving the code with a scanner takes under 5 minutes. Once you have the code I have listed below programming instruction s for a personal code and also how to program transmitters.

Keyless Entry Keypad Code

1. Enter the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code.
  1. Press the 1/2 button within 5 seconds to activate the programming mode. Holding the 1/2 button for more than two seconds will erase all stored customer codes. The door locks will lock then unlock confirming the codes are erased. The existing codes do not need to be erased to program new codes.
  1. Enter the new 5 digit keyless entry keypad code.
  1. To associate the new code with personality position 1 or 2, press the 1/2 button within 7.5 seconds of entering the 5th digit of the new code for position 1 or 3/4 button for position 2. The door locks will lock and unlock confirming the new code is programmed.
  1. If another code is to be programmed, begin entering the code within 7.5 seconds of the last button press.
  1. After all new keyless entry codes are programmed:
    • transmitters can be programmed within 7.5 seconds of the last keypad code entered.
    • press keyless entry keypad buttons 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time to exit program mode.
    • wait for 7.5 seconds, the driver door module will exit program mode automatically.

Keyless Entry Remote Transmitter

1. NOTE: The driver door module will erase all previously stored keyless entry remote transmitters when a new transmitter is programmed. If adding an additional transmitter, the existing transmitters stored in memory must be programmed at the same time.
  1. Press and hold any button on the keyless entry remote transmitter. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm programming.
  1. The driver door module will automatically associate the transmitter to a personality setting. The first transmitter will be position 1 and the second transmitter will be position 2. The remaining transmitters, if programmed, will not be associated to a personality setting.
  1. If additional transmitters are to be programmed, program each transmitter within 7.5 seconds of the last transmitter.
  1. After all transmitters are programmed:
    • a new keyless entry keypad code can be programmed within 7.5 seconds of the last transmitter.
    • wait for 7.5 seconds, the driver door module will exit the program mode automatically.