Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

2004 lincoln aviator: shifting..battery light..the check engine light

Customer Question

I have a 2004 lincoln aviator. The transmission is shifting funny the overdrive light is flashing also the battery light is on but the alt. is charging fine. the check engine light is on but Ive had it to three shops, and no one has been able to scan it. I just don't know where to start.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

When you say they cant scan it, does this mean there scan tool will no communicate with the data link connector, if so have you check the fuse to see if its blown and ther eis no power at the DLC?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no It does not comunicate with scanner. scanner comes on it keeps trying to connect and never does
Have they checked the power at the data link connector to see if the fuse is blown or tried a different scan tool to see if there tool is just not compatible?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ive used a snap on motis and an actron that ive used on other lincolns before none of them will they say that they can't communicate with vehicle. they power up just dont read anything
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the CEL is on, the over drive light is flashing, the service charging system light is on no one has been able to scan the vehicle had it to 3 diffrent shops nobody wants to mess with it need help

Check these 2 tests to see if they pass.