Shawn
Shawn, Technician
Experience:  16 years in the Automotive Industry
8633277

The front drivers door panel took..plate..power windows

how do i remove the front drivers door panel took out two screws but cant get to one screw inside the door and get the plate off where the buttons are for the power windows and stuff
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today with your question. The door panel removal instructions are below. Hope this helps you out.

Trim Panels, Door

Lincoln Town Car

The following procedure must be used during removal and installation of the door armrest and trim panel. Refer to the appropriate illustrations for component and vehicle model identification.

Removal

CAUTION: To avoid breakage of door pull cover(s), insert a screwdriver diagonally between pull strap, and chrome bracket. Snap out both sides then remove.

1. Snap out two door pull strap retaining screw covers. Remove screws.
  2. Remove two screws on front and rear side of door trim panel.
  3. Using the Trim Pad Removing Tool from Rotunda Moulding/Trim Kit 107-00401 or equivalent, pry the trim panel retaining clips from the door inner panel.

NOTE: Do not use trim panel to remove trim clips from door inner panel. Replace any bent, damaged or missing push pins.

4. Remove window regulator switch housing from back of trim panel. Lift up housing and disconnect all connectors.

5. Disconnect driver seat memory seat switch (driver's door only) if so equipped.

6. Twist out courtesy lamp wire assembly.

Installation

1. Ensure plastic watershield is secured to door panel.
  2. If installing new trim panel, transfer door handle trim, (driver's side only).
  3. Position trim panel to door. Connect courtesy lamp wiring.
  4. Align door lock side to its mating slide on the sheet metal.
  5. Snap in trim panel. Ensure all retainers fit properly.
  6. Install two retaining screws on front and rear side of door trim panel.
  7. Connect driver seat memory switch (driver's door only) if so equipped.
  8. Position window regulator switch housing and connect switch connectors. Install to door trim panel by snapping in.
graphic

Window Switch, Power

Master Control

Removal and Installation

1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
  2. Remove the front retaining screw and gently pry up the front portion of the switch housing.
  3. Unhook the rear edge of the housing and remove the switch housing from the armrest cavity.
  4. Remove the two screws retaining the connector to the switch housing.
  5. Carefully pry the switch from the connector with a small screwdriver. Take care not to damage the electrical contact pins.
  6. To install, reverse Removal procedure.

graphic
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Please keep in mind Just Answer is set up on an honor system, I have sent the information you have requested, and if the answer has been helpful then Please don't forget to click on the ACCEPT button, thanks. If you need more help then let me know

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the reason i have to remove the door panel is to fix the outside door latch i guess the mechism came loose from the handle

Do you need replacement instructions for the latch?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no on the plate that holds the power buttons the knobe that works the power mirrors is holding me back cannot get that off to get to the screws in side the door panel
HiCustomer

Thank you for the reply. The instructions are below.

Window Switch, Power Master Control

Removal and Installation

1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
graphic

Mirror Switch, Power

Lincoln Town Car

Removal and Installation

1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
  2. Remove bezel retaining screw.
  3. Lift bezel from armrest and disconnect electrical connector from switch.
  4. Push switch out of bezel.
  5. Using a putty knife or similar tool, pry trim panel retaining clips from door inner panel. Tilt panel away from door and disconnect switch connector. Remove panel.
  1. To install, reverse Removal procedure.

graphic

HiCustomer

You will have to remove the door panel first, then you will have access to the screws which are mounted on the bottom side of the plate you are referring to, otherwise you may damage the switch panel. (see diagram below).

graphic