Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln

2006 Lincoln zephyr: electrical wont start..fuse panel

2006 Lincoln zephyr electrical system seems dead, car won't start, alarm light flashing and clicking noise coming from fuse panel area

Hello, I'm Chris
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

The first recommendation is to check the battery voltage, it should show 12.6, anything lower than 12.0 DC volts means the battery is dead, so you then need to try a jump start and then get the battery tested.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Battery is new (6 months) and car was running fine, turned off and 15 mins later problem started.
Have you actually tested the battery voltage on the battery terminals and battery posts to make sure there is sufficient power and good connections showing no resistance. Another form of a voltage test is to firmly seat the cables on the battery and turn on the headlights for 2 minutes to see if they remain bright, now leave them on and try to start the vehicle. If the lights go off or dim very low then the battery is weak or the connections on the sending or recieving end of the battery cables are experiencing resistance..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have a voltage tester. Tried jumping the car and now the electrical seems to partially work, lights come on, dash lights are on, says check charging system, car still won't start or turn over
Did you do the head light test I mentioned while not jump starting it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing will turn on without jumping it
A volt meter would really help here because its for sure a battery power issue, I am pretty confident its a shorted cell in the battery and my second pick is resistance in the battery cables or there connections..