Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

where is the temp sensor located on a lincoln navigator 1198 v8

Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX V-8 do you have in this? and whick temp sensor the coolant temp sensor for the computer or for the gauge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
5.4 v8 for the gauge.the gauge goes to hot as soon as the coolant temp heats up but the truck is not over heating
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
the sensor for this is on the front passenger side of the intake plenum, i will post a picture of it below, it will be the #2 in the picture,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this would make the gauge go up like that .or should i be considering changing the instrument cluster
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
Yes, this is where the gauge gets its signal from, and it is common for these to fail, replace it first, it should take care of your problem,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am going to go check is it on the top or side
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
it is on the top
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i dont see it i see the teromstat housing to the left of that the temp sender but that on the drivers side and on the passenger side i dont see any thing on top i see the spark plus housing but nothing with wires on it
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
the thermostat is on the drivers side, the sender is in the passage on the passenger side,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is the sensor further left of the sender .
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
the sender is the same thing as the sensor, and it should be further to the passenger side of the thermo housing,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it with in inches of the thermostat .so i have already changed that yesturday . is there another sensor somewhere that could be causing the gauge to go up cause it goes down when i turn the ingition off . so i dont thing its the gauge . any suggestion
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
No there is no other sensor for the gauge, how many wires do you have on this sensor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
two, the auto part store has a sender and the sensor listed