Chuck
Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford senior master,ASE Master L1 Certified
17659378

Lincoln continental What is the location of the blend door

What is the location of the blend door actuator for my 2000 Lincoln Continental. Can u provide a link to download the procedure to replace it. Thanks.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chuck replied 3 years ago.

Chuck :

Here are your instructions

Chuck :

remove the panel below the glove box

Chuck :

1. Remove the pushpins.2.Disconnect the courtesy light and remove the instrument panel insulator

Chuck :

Remove the floor console

Chuck :

Remove the screws and remove the cover

Chuck :

Remove the A/C electronic door actuator motor (19E616).

• Disconnect the connector.

• Remove the screws and remove the A/C electronic door actuator motor

Chuck :

Here is a diagram to kinda give you an idea where it is.See no 3

Chuck :

ItemPart NumberDescription
1Remote Control Buttons (Part of 3600)
219D888In-Car Temperature Sensor
319E616A/C Electronic Door Actuator Motor
419E663A/C Sunload Sensor
518A318Vacuum Control Motor— (Air Inlet Door)
619E624A/C Blower Motor Speed Control
718A318Vacuum Control Motor— (Windshield Defrost Door)
818A318Vacuum Control Motor— (Rear Seat Duct Door)
918C612Electronic Automatic Temperature Control Module
1018A318Vacuum Control Motor— (Heater Air Damper Door)
1119A566A/C Vacuum Reservoir Tank and Bracket
1219E702A/C Ambient Air Temperature Sensor and Bracket
Customer:

Wow! Not what I was expecting Ch

Customer:

Wow! Not what I was expecting to hear, Chuck. I was reading online about novices and experts alike saying that it was a huge job involving the removal of the dashboard, steering wheel, airbag module, freon recovery, etc. This is great news. I'll get back with you later. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX u just saved me a boatload of money.

Chuck :

Sounds good

Customer:

Chuck,

Customer:

Chuck, I replaced the same part on my wife's windstar a couple of years ago and I seem to remember that it had to be alligned and set a certain way prior to the installation. There were no instructions included with it so I remember just using trial & error. Is that true? Should I be concerned about the climate control temp. setting before I apply power to the new actuator. Does the actuator itself need to be adjusted prior to installation? THanks.

Chuck :

No just states:

Installation

1. Follow the removal procedure in reverse order.

Customer:

Hi Chuck,

Customer:

Hi Chuck, just wanted to let u know that the operation was a success, thanks to your help & expertise. I did a little cheating however. I used a dremel tool and cut a hole big enough to get my hand through. This made access to the blend door actuator much easier. When I reinstalled the glove compartment, it covered the hole so it cannot be seen. Thanks again. XXXXX XXXXX

Chuck :

John: Good to hear it went well.Thanks for using Just Answer.

Chuck :

If you are happy with this transaction then you can press the accept button so I get credit.

Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Ford senior master,ASE Master L1 Certified