Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech
Experience:  17 yrs. experience as a shop owner with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech. and Mazda Certified.
49548721

1999 Lincoln Town car Signature: little higher..scraping..driveway

I have a 1999 Lincoln Town car Signature series Touring sedan, and would like to know how to adjust the height sensor to raise the vehicle a little higher, please help me because i keep scraping the driveway when i go in and out.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Drew replied 6 years ago.
Where the height sensor attaches to the ball stud, loosen the nut on the ball stud and move closer together. This will raise the rear higher. If you want to go even higher then remove the ball stud and make the adjustment hole bigger with drill bit/file/drimel tool. This will give you more adjustment.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The info you gave me seems odd, as there is no adjustment or nut on the ball stud rod so it can be moved closer together.
Expert:  Drew replied 6 years ago.
Then you can bend the mounting brackets closer together or remove the 2 bolts that secure the top ball/stud bracket. install shims/washers between bracket and body to lower bracket.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
removing the 2 bolts that secure the top ball/stud bracket and adding shims/washers will only extend the bracket towards the rear of the vehicle, and i can not see doing this will bring down the bracket ?
Expert:  Drew replied 6 years ago.

Trust me and just try it. If I was right you can pay be a BONUS!!!! Let me know.