Shawn
Shawn, Technician
Experience:  16 years in the Automotive Industry
8633277

Hello, I have a 2004 Lincoln Navigator and I want to upgrade

Hello, I have a 2004 Lincoln Navigator and I want to upgrade the factory subwoofer that's in the left rear side panel. I don't know the size of the sub that's in it now but I have a 10" sub I want to upgrade with. Is there an inclosure to fit a 10" sub that Lincoln makes to do this or do I just make the hole bigger if need be?
Thank you for your help.

Tom
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Shawn :

Hi, Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today with your question.

Shawn, Technician
Experience: 16 years in the Automotive Industry
Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.
Hi Customer,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

-Have you removed the panel to remove the subwoofer?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Edited by Shawn on 9/3/2010 at 8:49 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not yet, I just removed the speaker cover and the top of the panel to look inside.

Sorry for takeing long to get back but I was right in the middle of loading the Nav. to take a trip.

Tom

Expert:  Shawn replied 4 years ago.
Hi Customer,

Thanks for the ACCEPT!

Ok, the subwoofer and and amplifier are a complete assembly, so if you are looking to upgrade then I would suggest considering an aftermarket custom application, I will send the factory subwoofer removal instructions.

CLICK HERE FOR SUBWOOFER/AMPLIFIER REMOVAL

Rear Quarter Trim Panel Removal CLICK HERE
Shawn, Technician