Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes

2003 Lincoln: the Air Suspension light is..Pump works..dump

I have 2003 Lincoln Town Car> the Air Suspension light is on the dash. The Pump works when I run power to it as well as the dump valve.
I have removed the limit switch at the back and checked for power. There is only a small amount of MV at that switch. Is this normal.
The limit switch seams very tight. If I totally remove it can I test the switch with an ohm meter? if so how?
Where is the relay for the air ride in the fuse panel as I have no manual?
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to

When the Check Air Suspension warning comes on the control module has detected a fault with the system and will store a code. A Ford factory scan tool will be needed to read this code. I first recommend that you check fuses f1.10 (10 amp), f1.114 (30 amp)and the relay located in the battery junction fuse box and fuse f2.8 (10 amp) in the central box behind the dash.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

After checking all fuses and relays the air suspension is still not operating.

The pump is fine as I can direct wire it and operate it. the relief side of the pump is also working.

Is there anthing else I can check other than the limit switch at the rear axel?

What kind of readings should I be getting at the connection? 12 volts or MV?

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
You should see battery voltage on both sides of the switch. This can be your problem if the module is not receiving an input from the switch.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

can you supply a wiring diagram for this circut?

I am hoping to see where the voltage comes from to the body positional switch at the rear axel.

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

It comes from the module.