KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney
Experience:  10 years of real estate experience including foreclosures, landlord tenant matters, residential sales and condo/coop matters.
8989662

Just to be clear the HOA pres of complex walked in my home

Customer Question

Just to be clear the HOA pres of complex walked in my home without knocking just walked right in when i was moving in, i asked him to get out and knock next time he came in thru my garage and said "he didnt think one more person in my place would matter" movers were here as well as cable guys, when he left he asked if i knew who he was, i said i didnt care and he said i would fi d out the hard way what he was all about, when i brought this to the upper hoa guy he just laughed i understand they can be assholes, but i dont want assumptions, i got a letter once telling me i gave the gate code to people? Who? And no i didnt, I want to be safe too im by myself and really tired of all there stories, i do know a lady that had been dog sitting and she was asked by the complex hoa guy how long she would be dog sitting, at leadt he asked her and didn't accuse, ever since i told him to get out its been a war. He sits out his window and watchs my every move. He really has no life.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am an attorney and am happy to assist.

This sounds really nuts. Sounds like he is one of those people who enjoys the "power" of his position, although he doesn't really have any.

My first thought is for you to become involved in the HOA and take over his position. Or at least get him kicked out of his position. This is based on a vote of the members, of course, so all you need to do is find others who are frustrated with his attitude and actions and also want him out. That is really the most productive thing you could do here.

Let me know if you have any questions about this. If not, please be sure to close the question with positive feedback so I get credit for my time with you.

Best of luck

Kim