Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

HOW TO ORDER TOCOUNTY JUDGE TO TRANSFER ALL FILES TO APPELET

Customer Question

HOW TO ORDER TOCOUNTY JUDGE TO TRANSFER ALL FILES TO APPELET HIGHERCOURTWHERE I APEALED
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

he Mechanics for Filing an Appeal
• Final Appeals The appeal of a final order is commenced by filing an original and one copy of a notice of appeal (attaching order being appealed) with the lower tribunal accompanied by the appropriate filing fee, which can vary from circuit to circuit.43 The lower tribunal then forwards the notice to the reviewing court. The court’s review will be based upon the record of the trial court proceedings which is called the “record on appeal.” The lower tribunal will prepare automatically a record for forwarding to the trial court consisting of all the original documents, pleadings, exhibits, and transcripts of proceedings already on file in the trial court, with the exception of discovery and routine documents such as notices of hearing.44 The appellant has 10 days from the filing of the notice to direct the lower court clerk to include any additional documents in the record or to designate any trial court proceedings that should be transcribed and included in the record on appeal.45 The appellee has 20 days from the filing of the notice to cross-designate any additional transcripts or documents for inclusion in the record.46 It is the appellant’s responsibility to ensure that the record is complete, and the appeal may be lost if the record is not adequate to support reversal.47 Once the record is complete, the case proceeds to briefing (with the first brief coming 70 days after the notice of appeal), oral argument, and decision.

If you give proper notice this is done automatically by the trial court.File your notice of appeal and the trial court will gather the record and send it to the court of appeal.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Reference

https://www.floridabar.org/divcom/jn/jnjournal01.nsf/Author/0D727D3A3724B95B852572AC00552A20

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

A Notice of Appeal is a document that gets the appeal process started. If you want to appeal a court order or ruling, this document has to be filed within 30 days of the date of the sentence or the final judgment.

How to File a Notice of Appeal

To file a Notice of Appeal, you must do it in the department of the Clerk’s Office that corresponds with the court order or the sentence that you are appealing. The Notice of Appeal should be composed as shown in Rule 9.900 of the Florida Rules of Appellate Procedure.

When you’re filing a Notice of Appeal, it also has to contain a Certificate of Service indicating that. This shows that a copy has been served on the opposing party. For civil cases, you should also attach a copy of the court order that you are appealing. In criminal cases, this order is needed only if the court asks for it.