FLRealEstateAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience handling landlord/tenant issues, mortgage foreclosures, eviction, purchase and sale agreements

Property were I live was lease was up 9/

Customer Question

Property were I live was lease was up 9/ email notification on 9/6 that I need to move by 9/ good faith in found a place by9/14...I'm still waiting on approval from my new place..owner of new place and I have a lease in place to start today...but we're still waiting on association approval..had to cancel movers have no place to go...present landlord says I have to leave today..I told him I have no place to by law he says he can double my rent...I told him I probably need 2 or 3 days till approval is done....if he charges me 2 months rent can I stay and give up the place were I live by 10/31...also was I given enough time to move
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  FLRealEstateAnswer replied 25 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am unaware of the landlord simply being able to double your rent, if you hold over. While you did have to vacate yesterday, it does not mean the landlord can just charge double rent. You would not be considered a hold over tenant and if the landlord wants you out, would need to evict you. They could work with you and charge you a pro rated rent for the additional time you stay. The issue with the new place where you are moving is between you and the new landlord and has nothing to do with the old one, so they can either work with you to accommodate the situation or take legal action.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FLRealEstateAnswer replied 22 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!