Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have new lease to buy tenets.When the other renter moved

Customer Question

I have new lease to buy tenets.When the other renter moved out , she left her car in the garage.NOW,... she is disabled, & has not driven the car for 3yrs. , it does not start, has rotted tires. She owes me past rent, elec. bill, water bill, ANDmoving expenses.Do I send her notice to have the car towed, or does it become mine.Has no updated lisc, & she probably has the title.Her sister has taken over paying the bills ;, she is not Paulas legal guardian. The tenets who moved into my home ,were hired by P., to move her things to storage, but she has not pd. them either
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do I send her notice to have the car towed, or does it become mine.

.

Yes, you would have to send her written notice that if she doesn't come get the car in a reasonable time, i.e. 10 days, then you will consider it abandoned and have it towed from the property.

.

But you don't get to keep it unless she agrees to abandon it in writing and then signs over the title to you.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks