Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Real Estate Law
19127644

My parents own 2 trailer home property the land is theirs, a

Customer Question

My parents own 2 trailer home property the land is theirs, a real state company is trying to buy the whole lot which has 100 trailers. Can they force my parents to sell if 50% of the owners sing to sell.
Category: FL Real Estate
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

​Is the land that your parents own located within a trailer park?

Do you know if there are any rules or covenants that would require all land owners within the trailer park to sell their lots, if 50% of owners would agree to sell?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yeah it's located within a trailer park. There is no sign paper that says that if 50% agree they all have to sell.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you review the deed to your parents' land to see if it contains any covenants or restrictions, which might allow a sale against their wishes, if majority of the land owners decide to sell?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is no paper that mentions the 50%. That information was given to us by one of the association members. But at no time my parents have sing any paper that mentions that if 50% agree they all have to sell.

Thank you for your follow up.

So there is an owner association?

Did you review association rules to see if any rule states that if majority of owners decide to sell, then all the owners would be obligates to sell their land ?